Friday 26 August 2016

Foundation Review

I have tried a lot of foundations over the years, as we all have.  Going through the stages of trial and error, finding the right colour etc, and over the years there has been a lot of different products on the market from drug store to high end, or a matte to dewy finish, but I have found a few from the ones that I have tried that I keep going back too.
I find certain ones I wear more than others but I do like to change it up a bit and not wear the same one ALL the time.
One brand I have used for ever and always go back to is Loreal.  They have a good range for all skin types and different finishes, depending on the coverage and look that you are going for.
I have 3 in my collection at the moment.
 
L'Oréal Lumi Magique
 
 
Infallible 24h
 
 
Infallible 24h Matte
 
 
 
My 2 favourite are the Lumi Magique (N4 Pure Beige) and the Infallible 24h Matte (20 Sand)
 
I do have tanned skin most of the time but they do suit me well all year round.  If I do have more of a tan I can add some darker powder and bronzer or add a pump of another foundation to get the right shade to match my skin.
 
If I am slightly less tanned or want a more natural look I tend to go for my Boujoir Healthy Mix (N53 Light Beige) apologies I haven't bought  new one yet so the bottle is very empty :)
 
 
Another absolute favourite and the only high end one I have in my collection at the moment is Mac Studio Fix which I have in the shades NC25 and NC30.
 
 
One other drug store one which I quite like if I am more tanned or to add to another one of my foundations to make it a bit darker is Maybelline Fit ME (220 Natural Beige)
 
I find the application of all of these foundations to blend into the skin really well and they are buildable.  I can use any of them on a daily basis and get my desired look whether I am going for a full face of make up or a more natural everyday look. 
 
My favourite for a night out is a combination of Mac and L'Oréal Infallible 24h Matte as they give good coverage and are long lasting for all night.
 
All of the foundations I have mentioned give a good coverage even with a light application and I find 1 1/2 to 2 pumps gives a medium to full coverage.
 
If you would like any more information or more detail on any brand let me know in the comments below.
 
The links to all the foundations I have mentioned are below :)
 
Thank you for reading.
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment